View Single Post
Old August 25th 2005, 19:16

I think going with the 993 rear end is a great idea, you'll just be cutting out a lot of material, that's all. It was my first thought as I started my whole process. And your rear end will be amazingly wide. Just check on the track of a stock 993 and then see how wide they make fenders for a bug, because it is an amazing amount wider. It might end up looking really wierd to have a bug with the back end that wide.

I really don't know how much mine will be, if ever it goes on sale. I would imagine around $3500 complete bolt on with shocks, steering rack, and the machine work to the stock steering shaft to connect to the rack. But that price is really based on fabrication and the amount of time and money that went into development. It might be less when I just sit down and look at how much it would cost to make with all the info I know now. Keep in mind that my kit is designed to hang on to as much stock stuff as possible, but if you went with non-stock stuff, it could be had for cheaper. For example, if you just bolted on a steering wheel and shaft setup from a Mk II golf, you could have an adjustable steering wheel as well, but it would look sort of odd in the bugs interior. My decisions were to make the bug look almost stock, but really, REALLY not be!

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S

Last edited by volkdent; September 7th 2005 at 01:08.