Thread: Dyno Day
View Single Post
Old November 15th 2005, 18:37

4800kms round trip

I guess my adventure started when i broke a rocker shaft on the Dyno here in Toronto, tuning for the Dyno Day at Fishers (Wed night 11:30pm). After pulling a all nighter, getting the bug back to my house, swapping a set of old JSC rockers, found out i couldn't adjust the pushrods enough cause they were too long.

Big :agree: for Nigel in the Yellow 73 for taking my spot!

Thurs, afternoon, left with Lanner(VDubEngineering), without the car, and headed for the border. At the border we were turned around, because half of his T-shirts were made in Vietnam, even though they were bought/printed in New York. So according to some Textile subsection Law, they said no entry. So stashed them at a local Windsor shop (nice owner), till we got back.

Got word, the VKG/Germanlook guys were ONLY 2hrs ahead! Tried to catch up Got caught doing 93 in a 70 south of Atlanta ($380US) and told if i want to fight it, show up in court on the 28th of Dec.

---->>>> I paid the fine/bond and we were on our way. Does anyone know if Georgia is a state that communicates with Ontario? AJRacer? and thoughts if my insurance will know of this?

The Dyno day had me Giddy all day. The screaming motors were awesome! The event was well organized, it was like 28degC, bugs and HP everywhere. Even when you needed to cool off stepping into the AC'd store, stuffed with VW parts of Fisher's was great!

I enjoyed the Bug Jam. It was really cramped. Even in the far north we give each other some room. Saw a lot of quality cars, had a good time! The T-Shirts are a little chezzy and it will probably sit in the closet. Picked up a few other shirts from the vendors around, that will get some wear.

Took tons of pics (300+), and a few 20 sec clips on my camera from the Dyno. Even though i didn't have my car down there, had a long great weekend!

I will be down again, the chezzy BUG JAM shirts/cramped show, won't keep me away. The good people/great cars will keep me going back!

Thanks Guys! Was really awesome, and worth the trip!

By the way, that wed night: with the broken rocker shaft, the Super made 165HP and 150Ft-lbs at the wheels with the fan belt on!

The 2 top HP guys at the Dyno Day had their fan belts off. In my opinion, the 2332 Split all motor bug that was 3rd was the winner of the day!

Last edited by petevw; November 20th 2005 at 08:54.