Thread: Dyno Day
View Single Post
Old November 23rd 2005, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Nopes...they all communicate. I live in Florida and got a ticket in Connecticut and Viginia (not during the same trip)...trust me, they communicate.

I would be really pissed if I had a 2332 and only pulled 143HP at the wheels....especially considering a 2276 pulled 164HP and even worse that a 2165 pulled 184HP....But I guess you can't say much to people who don't run fan belts on thier run Estimate on what they're run with the belt on?

What's up with Tony Hendersons TQ #s...what was he running boost wise?
I'll find out tommorrow if they communicate with Ontario.

I think the fan belt makes a difference. Talked to Mel at the Jam, and he figures the motor puts down 165 with the belt on.

I think the 2332's in the 140's had small carbs. I think Kevin has 44's? I believe James's car with the fan belt on would have been in the 130-140's too. The 2165 was badass and pulled it in 4th gear. Most guys were dynoing in 3rd. Heard the dyno was calibrated so guys do 3rd gear runs. i think James and Mel were the only ones hitting 4th? Make a diff? i don't know..... If all the cars were sampling a RPM signal and used it to compare the rate of change of the rollers, would the higher MPH of using 4th gear, and the same RPM range, interpret the numbers differently? no clue....

Sorry Tony, my opinion is your TQ was a little off. I was filming your car by the door of the Dyno computer dude, and heard the RPM pickup of your motor was not all there. A little slow, like in half. Seems like it was sampling 3 times for 6 RPM's. This would explain the high torque numbers to me. Changing the rate of the rollers 40-80MPH while thinking your doing it in 500-3000rpm, instead of 1000-6000rpm probably was giving off a monster torque reading. Wasn't that the number from the last run, which you sprayed? Standing there on the last run it didn't sound good when you went into 3rd, i think thats when the linkage came off, and you ran spraying only 2 cyl (i erased that run from my camera, because it didn't sound good/right). Guess i should have kept it.. I was the only one close to your car hiding behind my little camera. Everyone stepped back after you purged the nitrous.

The Dyno dude also mentioned the Mallory ignitions were giving him big sampling problems all day. Which also explains Joe's run. Who is running those Mallory's?

This and not having my car there, was all i could think about driving home.

When the snow melts, i plan on throwing my car on the Dyno, to answer some of my questions. Do runs in 3rd and 4th, with the belt ON/OFF.

I had a blast down there, and these are just my observations. I hope nobody takes it the wrong way.