View Single Post
Old November 24th 2005, 13:47

Sorry again and again Oasis and all of you guys for creating quite a stir. I really admire your work: you are building dream cars. I'm thinking Jak Riz, El Rookie, Superman, Oicdn, 73notch, etc etc.

I'm gratefull because this thread made me think again and I have changed my mind on the whole thing. For me German Look is about taking the most of a beetle and giving it modern technologies while keeping a vintage Ferdinand Prorsche spirit. You've got to be careful not to change it more or less into a kit-car... chevy engie, rx-7 brakes, 944 rear suspension, 993 5-speed trans, etc etc. A Beetle must stay a Beetle. Herbie as a Nascar racer is stupid.

I think I'm gonna go medium T1 probably a 1914cc, swing axle, 4 speed with a good chassis preparation for a vintage track racer such as what Porsche did with the 356 and 550 back then. Stay true to Aircool (even though I love the sound and performance a suby can offer for the price) and push the beetle to it's reasonable limits: just to have fun driving it (It doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to outhandle or beat any little ricer with they caps backwards: I DO. And I will need your support and help to achive that). Final words: I don't believe these car were meant for 200hp. and Civics are not meant to be drag racers.

With all my respect -Kleinporsche (it mean small porsche in german Wally)

Last edited by kleinporsche; November 24th 2005 at 14:16.