View Single Post
Old February 18th 2004, 19:31

i could go on for hours. as with most, just about everything. grew up and still rely on solid rock. early days was alice cooper, rush, deep purple, kiss, cheap trick, thin lizzy, on and on. lately king's x and its many spinoffs, huge peter gabirel fan, live, still rush, on and on.

love my rock, but still love a solidly written and executed song of any style. good songwriting transcends style. i also go on year long swings of styles. was soul a few years back. lately is bluegrass (odd ain't it) mainly because of a live performance i saw of alison kraus and union station. i am always on the hunt for fresh sounds.

an entertaining show i've caught lately is crossroads on CMT. they match a rock star with a country star and do each other's music. so far i have seen:
kid rock and hank jr.
martina mcbride and pat benetar
and the best was dave matthews and emmylou harris

and lastly, my music tends to be a bit of a favorite. of course every band has to form and stick to an identity (diversity doesn't work if you want to make it). my last band and probably my last true effort was powerplay. pending CD even though i am not in the band. check it out here:

www.powerplayrocks.com

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design