Thread: I QUIT my JOB
View Single Post
Old December 15th 2006, 00:56

chug_A_bug,

Check out these on-line postings for Edmonton, AB...

http://workingedmontonjobs.canada.co...ookid=edmonton

I think there are over 2,000 jobs listed on this one, which uses ads from the major newspapers in the city.

What has happened in Edmonton is that most everyone with a ticket or piece of paper from a tech school has no problem getting a position in just about any field. What is now happening is what I call "Poaching" from other firms. It's basically word of mouth, as the firm I used to work for is offering a $1,000 bonus to any employee who recommends someone to the partners who gets hired. I think most have given up the advertisement route, as anyone who is employable already is.

Skilled employees are really in demand, especially in construction and oil field work. Drywallers, Welders, Carpenters, Electricians, Framers, you name it, there are lots of jobs available. I counted 7 temporary signs advertising for people on my way home today.

If you have your welding ticket, a good friend of mine is a welder and I can get you some info on where to apply. He is a structural steel welder, not autobody though.

Doug