View Single Post
Old May 31st 2004, 13:34

Yeah, it was cool meeting you guys! We had our friend Blake (hes a porsche tech) draging with his oval (red/rust color, speedwell logos). he lost by a hair i think, but he pulled some of his best times yesterday (11 somthing) so it was a good day with that alone.
All of us got some great deals in the swap, we got to the show on saturday so we were out there when the first swapers/venders started to set up and found some early deals. even more people came on sunday and found even more great deals.
The "show" was alright to me. there was a few NICE cars (trailer-Q's) and some trashy cal-look cars aswell. Like super ninja was saying, that fastback was SICK! nothing to extreme but very clean and well done.
There was also a nice giha with early 944 brakes and fuch's i liked a lot, aswell as a orange thing with fuchs (color matched centers to body). not a lot of "Germanlook" style cars... but hey its cali and the cal-look is STILL whats up.
But hey... is it me or does it seam like all the call-look show cars have a low quality build to them, like all the cheap chrome, half assed body work, stuff like that.
I just cant wait to see more GL cars in the shows to blow everyones minds!

Over all i had a good time, got some good deals and had fun, and met some of you guys...so it was worth the 7-8 hour drive

Later,
Jonathan

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing