View Single Post
Old April 19th 2010, 17:43

So it's been quite some time, and I've even had 20 different changes in what I wanted to do, or if I even wanted to go the GL route and keep my super, but I'm back at it now. I have a little over 2 months left deployed, but I'm home for a bit for R&R and I want to get my Super ready to drive everyday when I come home for good. Right now my biggest problems is the terrible super shimmie, and it wants to stall out every time I come to a stop sign or stop light. I haven't seen my Super in about 9 months, and I'm about to go pick it up tomorrow or the next day and go out to Ovals my local VW shop and go parts shopping.

I was planning on buying a bushing kit, new tie rods, dampner and front struts to start off with. I already bought ball joints when I first got the bug but haven't put them in yet. I was also going to get new shocks for the rear, all of the above mentioned just stock, or slightly better like polyurethane, and kyb stuff just so I can drive it right away, and have a DD when I come home. But don't know where to go from there as far as performance. Been reading up again now that it's getting close, and a lot of this stuff is still outa my grasp as far as understanding, but I'll get there. I also want to do a front/rear disc conversion with new tires/rims. I don't plan on lowering it any, unless whatever choice I make and learn there'd be a reason to with whatever set up I figure out. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions once this really kicks off, but until then I'll keep reading up and see what I can figure out on my own.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes when I first joined this site, sorry I came and left, but just wanted to say hey I'll be back for good soon, and ready to take my Super to the next level!