View Single Post
Old January 2nd 2012, 18:10

my kit.

I am also using a subaru power plant. I spent a few years going through the process of Type1 w/ T1 trans, Type 4 w/ T1 trans, Corvair with w/ T1 trans trying to avoid moving away from aircooled. But never found the cost, weight, ease of use, quality to compare to the Subaru w/ Porsche 5Spd I will never look back. And honestly it's two water lines a radiator and a fan or two ...my application isn't concourse it's corners and concrete consumption.

2005 STI engine mounted to a Porsche 901 5spd Trans via Kennedy Products.
I've changed output flanges on the trans to run larger 944T axles through 944T trailing arms. I have converted the shifter to the OEM Porsche Shift unit and most recently have procured the parts to convert it to a short shift setup. It's all linked via a customized 901 shift shaft and hardware.

Some things to consider are the year of transplant and the parts required to support the transplant. Anything over 2005 has immobilizers built into the harness. Matched Key, Ignition, ECU, Security Box Etc... are required in order to plug and play the install. unless you are running a mega-squirt setup or alternate off the shelf ECU's.

If you do it, procure a setup that is complete with full uncut harness and ECU as a single package... it will really make your life easier. You will only need to make a few edits to the harness in order to use the stock wires. Consider front cut's if you are shopping and have space. if not you can piece the kit together on your own. www.nasioc.com is a great source for parts and knowledge.

Basic parts needed will be:
Motor
ECU
Harness
Radiator / Fans / Water Tank and Lines
Adapter to trans of choice or the gear to convert the suby trans that you can get with a motor/trans package.

Let me know if there are questions about my setup or a parts list.

Last edited by jmd; January 2nd 2012 at 18:17.