View Single Post
Old December 17th 2002, 10:42
Administrator

Thumbs up

Zen,

How does it feel to move ahead ? Congrats on the purchases. I'm purchasing items for my future 2270, like you.

I've been fooling around with the 44 IDF kit over the last few days..... The kit was new through Cal Imports... but it said 'Intake Horns not included' but they came in the box ! Nice suprise. As well, the air filters in the picture were the square ones... I wanted the oval ones... guess what came in the kit.. THE OVAL ONES ! Nice suprise again.

I had to do some minor filing with a Rat Tail file to get the holes for the intake studs to fit on the heads but thats about it.... had to trim the intake gaskets as well but I think you have to do that for all systems.

One other thing about the carb kit... it came with 5/16" fuel line... I'm not sure of the diameter of the stock fuel line (Will measure it next time) but it looks smaller. And the stock fuel line fits into a 'T' which feed 2 5/16" dia lines.... I think the stock fuel line needs to be changed to keep up with the carbs... have to research that.

I've got the carbs ready to bolt on now .. long block install happening this weekend ! I'll take pics and post to keep everyone updated.

I've decided on the BAS 21152 ... good up to 200HP. I'm hoping for between 160-180hp from the future 2270. Not sure about the stainless version or steel and ceramic coat. I'll go with a custom muffler setup though.... need to install the 18x10's with 265/35's to see what kind of room I have.

I've got an oil cooler block off adapter tapped for 2 external lines... I'm looking at a MESA-Cool cooler 48 plate 8"x11"x1.5" with fan, thermostat. I want to install it under the parcel tray in a box from racerpartswholesale with 2 NACA ducts feeding cool air to it. The fan should be able to draw from the ducts in standing traffic. Still researching this though....

Sandeep