View Single Post
Old September 22nd 2013, 14:15

He called me "the stupid Camaro driver" when I asked about doing a few things many years ago. I, like Jake, have few filters, so the battle began. We eventually started talking instead of slashing each others tires on a few forums. Within a couple years, Jake was using all of the "Camaro ideas" on his engines. About that time he also told some of us that were thinking about Subaru that he would "Never, Ever give up aircooled" for some Japanese ricer junk. Now you can call him and buy a Subaru for your VW. What people have to understand is that Jake is in business to make money. He builds nice engines. I would like to have one. But he will steer you to where he can make money. Hard to find good Type IV parts now days to build good engines? Well let's steer everyone to Subaru where he can build engines that have easily available quality parts and he can make money and still give a decent warranty. Problem is there are at least 10 great Suby engine builders already in place. Sure he and Charles at LN will come up with some ideas. And if the ideas are good the other 10 established builders will RipOff and Duplicate the ideas (R&D). When he was in the Type IV world there were very few other high profile competitors. Jake is a great showman and has worked these forums very well to bring those that have money to his shop. If Remmele can cool a 3.1L Type IV engine in German Autobahn conditions, I would say we should have little problems cooling using a properly engineered 911 fan here. FAT has been using their 911 fan to cool large Type IVs in hot Baja racing conditions for years. The bottom line is the standard 911 fan blows a ton of air, enough to cool a 6 cylinder where we have 4.

And for the record I have "Never, Ever" owned a Camaro. But I am building a Ricer engine for my Manx...
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert