View Single Post
Old November 5th 2023, 14:14
Administrator

Making drastic decisions that I might regret later...

First off, I need to swap out the silver-dot 914 tach for a different one. The silver-dot is needed for the family heirloom...but the only one I have is this rough looking late model. The late model would be perfect, so time for a quick restore. Fortunately Beetle glass is just a touch smaller in diameter, but still works.

Risky choice of the day number one:

Blaupunkt Bremen, but the modernized version they sold a few years back. Tape deck has been replaced with SD/USB/Media inputs, and the radio has bluetooth. I'm not entirely sure I want the radio upfront and centre...but it would be super nice to have controls without opening the glovebox.

Risky choice of the day number two:

[/url]

I know we want the rally odometer for events, and the Brantz is definitely my odometer of choice, but I'm not totally sold that I love it in the German Look car yet. It will grow on me, I'm sure.

Possibly risky choice of the day number three:

I've been saving the Tag Heuer (and Nixon) for the Family Heirloom, and originally put them down on the glovebox just to see how it would look. Now I'm not sure. I think I may need 'loan' them to the German Look until the Family Heirloom is done...
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap