View Single Post
Old August 20th 2010, 02:18

here's the update:

I have been busting my behind putting this thing back together. seems like every single part on this car is either missing or broken, and type 3's are pain to find parts.

shift linkage is hooked up
has brakes (the NOS dual circuit master cylinder needs a rebuild, blew one of the seals out, but the rest are hard and brittle)
got the 1600 dp running and it friggin knocks
pans bolted down with a new seal
steering works awesome
electrical is good as new
lights all work, horn too
glass is in
tons of little things too(wipers, window regulators, seat belts, trunk latches...)

a few things i noticed- all the ball joints are brand new, as are the tranny mounts and the rear torsion bar bushings.

so i have a junk motor, i think its time to give it the ole type 4 treatment
here's what i ordered/ordering
bus 2L
411 air duct (score!)
bus 72-74 heater pipes
bus 72-74 bugpack header/muffler
megasquirt
AEM UEGO wideband
KEP flywheel/clutch

i'll be changing a few of the other bits and whatnot after a compression test and fire her up see what i have to work with. i want to be able to close the engine lid and have a proper install(that means using the cars air ducts for the cooling air, 411 air duct FTW), i'm also planning on using most of the stock FI. I'm going to upgrade the throttle body to one with a TPS, maybe add a barometric pressure sender, might even do a knock sensor who knows. I just know that a local engine builder things i'm retarded for wanting to put a type 4 in this car. i'm going to get it running, drive to his shop and show him just how simple it was.

Does anyone know what the rear torsion bar diameter is on a type 3? this thing has the softest rear suspension I have ever seen. I'm looking for some 944 torsion bars to fix that.