View Single Post
Old October 18th 2010, 20:29

Holy crap, since I've been in school I just haven't been getting anywhere fast with this build . Anyways, I have been doing a ton of research over at stf, learning as much as I can about megasquirt. I also scored a couple of type 4 cases, a crapload of various dizzies, extra 71mm crank/rods, and some 103mm pistons and jugs, all on the cheap.

I am going to add 4 coil drivers and go with ford COPs and VR. I managed to get my hands on a ford engine harness, so I'm going with a ford TPS as well. I got the trigger wheel all sorted out. I DO NOT need to upgrade to a MS2, MS1 with MSextra firmware can handle direct ignition easily. Since I'm not using EDIS, I will have a few more awesome features at my disposal:

ign retard rev limiting
2 step launch control
shift light
plus all the rest of MSextra's awesome features.

I need to snap some pics of my wiring for MS, it turned out pretty awesome. My 2L is in pieces, I decided to split the case and make sure everything is good to go. Looks like it was recently rebuilt so i'm just going to clean it all up and reseal it (its a filthy mess ). This motor is going to be all stock(someone had converted it to a hydro cam ), I just want to get it running and sort out megasquirt. I'm saving my NIB raby cam/lifters for the 2270 build, just need a few little things and some decent heads. I kinda like the idea of having a spare motor.

I am really glad I went with megasquirt, the more I learn about it the more I like it.