View Single Post
Old August 3rd 2002, 11:34

To me, Germanlook and Eurolook are two different things. Both similar. Germanlook is a Vdub term and there is talk of Eurolook cars in Maxpower and the like.

I agree with all that's been posted about Callook, nuf said.

To me, the epitome of why we are all here is a car with proven performance developement. Next generation aircooling.

What we do is different. Although extreme, it should appear natural. I like to think my mod's look factory. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a full-on Kafer-cuf monster, but 1 thing at a time.

My Bug is an ex. Cali '79 Karmann, Orig. Lemongelb but now Porsche 'Pastel yellow'. Black roof. Now RHD. Full chrome inc. original s/s rear fender stone chippies, 17" Cup2's 215/40 and 225/45 Goodyear eagle F1's. red 944 Brembo 4pots allround. Huge chrome 'impact' bumpers. Kerscher single coil struts, F+R anti-roll bars. Black/grey Recaro's, VDO's in Kamei pod and Blaupunkt.

Stock FI engine with stainless, single tail pipe exhaust and stock 3.88 trans. Under developement: 2.4 TypeIV with 914 heads, 915 trans. and a 1776 K-jet rebuild for current motor. Good heater!

I consider this to be the base for the ultimate beetle experience, Lower centroid, arguably stiffer, rack and pinion steering (2.3 turns lock to lock)

Personally, I've never called it germanlook or anything! It's a happy little yellow Beetle. May I add, we feel right at home on this site.

What would you call it? Do you approve?