View Single Post
Old December 22nd 2011, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham View Post
Hi very interesting thread here.I would like some peoples views on the best way to dissperse air out under the car once its been through the front grill and through the rads.I do have a box section made up to cover the rads but I am sure that this could be better designed to creat downforce instead of lift and also channel air better under the floorpan.I have also been tinkering with some designs for the rear wings, apron and bumper set up I will post some sketches when I get time thanks.
Nice car. I think dispersing the air under the car from the front grill may create more lift by making a pocket of more air between the car and the road as you're trying to minimize the amount of air passing under the car. Sending the air up and over the hood through a scoop about 1/3 way up has been proved to create more downforce on the front end as seen on this Acura here:

http://www.germanlook.net/forums/sho...t=2820&page=14

and 911:

...although I don't think you'd want to cut up that beautiful black hood of yours though?? Looks like your car is pretty sleek as it is. You could maybe install ducts from the grill to the backing plates of the front brakes to keep them cool. What kind of front bumper is that?