View Single Post
Old May 31st 2011, 15:33

I did some reading at boxergasse forum and found this topic, 1200 chassis vs 02/03 chassis:

http://boxergasse.forumieren.de/t53-...-1200-vs-02-03.

I translated most interesting answer:

I had the opportunity recently to go after work when driving at Hockenheim, the pink 1200 by Stefan. Basically, driving the car is not bad. However, I discovered that the steering forces to be many times higher than me on my 03er. My VW Beetle, you can easily drive around the course with the 1200 you have to work like a hard worker. Similarly, there are serious differences in the implementation of the steering commands my 03er runs spontaneously and accurately, the short front end a bit cumbersome and imprecise. For me personally, just a long front end comes as a race car in question. Did the whole Vorderachsgeschichte with my yellow Beetle indeed already been through. The axis is simply too unstable to support levers bend tried cornering, etc. Have everything possible supporting lever mounted in bronze, no more front torsion bars, Lenkhenbel changed you will never go there when driving a long front end.