View Single Post
Old December 12th 2003, 00:13

car fell over.

I got a funny story for ya. I was on my way to school when I was 17 years old. I had just taught myself to drive a week earlier, after fixing my VW. I was making a left turn onto a 4 lane highway when I decided to power shift in the middle of a rain water puddle. I ended up sliding backwards in the north bound lane while the car was pointed south west. I slid off the road and into some grass and when I thought it was going to be OK the tires dug in and over the car went. So there I am sitting in the car with it parked on the drivers side door thinking to myself that this is really going to ruin my day. I shut the engine off and proceeded to climb out the pasenger side door only to be yelled at by some lady telling me " your car will explode, get off it". So to make her happy I jumped down off my car only to see the police and the paramedics rushing down the road. I wasn't hurt so the paramedics left and then I had to think of a good excuse to get out of a ticket, I came up with " The tire deflated causing a loss of control" they didn't buy it. The tow truck came and pulled my car back up on all four wheels and then went to back up to the car to tow it, I said "Whow, hold on , where are you going with my car, I'm going to drive it to school." The driver and the cops thought I was nuts but I was late for school. I pulled my flat tire off and punched the crushed fender back out then replaced the tire with my spare. I started it up and after the smoke cleared it ran like nothing ever happened. All that I broke was a mirror and a flatened rear fender, which I fixed at school, the mirror cost me 5 bucks. Anyway the cops were so ammused by the whole situation that they didn't give me a ticket as long as I promised to fix my tire marks in the grass, I fixed them that day after school. One of my many funny VW stories. I could go on but I'm sure your tired of reading this by now.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe