View Single Post
Old October 12th 2005, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Amazing car and built! BIG compliments to you Brent!!
Don't let Remmele see this or he will be jealous

Do you have any experience with oil pressure with regard to the front oil Dry sump tank? (as I want to locate it at the front also and opinions differ about the oil pressure drop because of this...)

Thanks,
Walter
Hi walter, well the first thing is to run as big oil lines as you posibly can, and if you intend to run tank up front run the lines the straightest posible route. The pump i have used is a bug pack i think, the pressure will be set. I do see peoples concerns but remember that std type 1 has 2.5 lts oil or somthing, the heat created can break down the oil too so having dry sump system alows so much more oil. I was in the Lotus club here in NZ and lots of front engine cars had the tank in the boot so same thing really. My friend has 2.8 lt type 4 dry sumped and has no problems with tank up front. In fact recently did a engine pull down and told me the wear was nil, just change oil regulary. Oil cooler is a must too, i have two alloy ones up front.
I have also seen where too much pressure can damage bearings and give excesive oil leaks. Actualy you may be able to tell me something? oils have come along way with this synthetic stuff, but i heard a rumour where the synthetic oils can seep though a magnesium case? the type 4 alloy case ok? what do you think Walter? Brent.

Last edited by brent; October 12th 2005 at 01:04. Reason: adition