View Single Post
Old November 28th 2013, 00:35

Hi, here's some history on that blunder.
It was my type one 2332, the choices were either millings 30mm steel pump, or standard 26mm.
I had to choose either, stock relief springs and 30mm pump. Or high pressures springs and 26mm pump.

Somewhere I got it mixed up, I think I installed the high pressure springs with the 30mm pump.

This caused multiple times of damaging my frame ph-1 filter. I'd drive 50 miles home, and by the time I got there;I would have an oil puddle on the ground, and my entire deck lid just dropping with oil from a damaged filter..

Somewhere in all of this on the freeway going to work I had an engine miss. I towed the car home and it sat. Only in the last year have I disassembled the heads.
I thought my rocker shaft nut had came apart. I was just pissed with all of the issues happening.

So now, I'm back at it. I will at some point put together a type IV engine. This engine I had big dreams for. 3.0 liter, engine plus heads, rod crank, oil pump, are all supposed to support a high horsepower turbo engine.
A 911-11 blade fan, with small alt pulley for traffic condition, and a larger crank pulley. But when I had the pulley made I might have went too large on the pulley diameter, it covers about 1 inch of the top of the oil pump area. I had choose the 33mm sheddic (spelling) pump/full flow. So tomorrow on thanksgiving day I'm going to mock up the case/crank/oil pump cover area and either be happy or @amn pissed off. I had all of the stock oil pressure reliefs milled off, in order to run external oiling system, even regulated/externally.

Last edited by effvee; November 28th 2013 at 01:12.