View Single Post
Old November 30th 2013, 06:14

Hi, thanks for replying. This engine was my daily driver, I was not in a race/high performing mod. In southern California 75mph is basically the normal driving speed; that's when it happened. Yes the piston did hit the valve, but the valve shouldn't been there at that time; stuck for some reason.

On this same engine, in a earlier post,I spoke about having a low oil light on after adding some AN-8 lines to a remote oil cooler. At that time Walter responded starting that a-8 line would not cause a low oil pressure problem. The lines were routed to above the left rear cv-joint.
One thing I have left out was, within that same day of low oil light,I had a engine fire. The fire was due to a stuck intake valve. I did not know the engine was on fire, electrical was going out(do to the fire),I pulled over saying what now! Just sitting there in a parking lot thinking, when a young man ran over to me and told me I was on fire.

So, back to my problem of mixing and matching, pumps ,springs and lines; was to many issues for the lubrication circuit.I

End result, piston did hit the valve, but because of seizure. On the day of engine failure I had no warnings and I believe oil pressure was good.
After the fire I just re-wired stuff due to the fire had done some damage, the fire came through the intake port.
I'm not a trusting proponent of the oil control valves in a bug any more. When i resurrect my 2332, I am going to use the jay-cee direct oiling system, along with his oil control filter mount. Yes remote cooler and pressure reliefs valves.

However, on a more positive note, this now topic is for my type IV engine. If I can get away with a pauter oil pump, I'll add it. I don't think the autocraft pump will install. My type IV engine oil supply will be supplied externally,and regulated externally. Since i modded that case to adapt a type one extra sump to it, I'll use the autocraft external oil pick up to pump.

Last edited by effvee; November 30th 2013 at 06:40.