View Single Post
Old November 30th 2013, 12:53

Hey effvee, I can relate to what you have experienced and I´ve had similar issues with type 1 engines,never with a type 4.It doesn´t have to do with it being a type 1 or type 4,but eventhough I might get beaten for this...the mass produced products in the US for the VW aircooled is just plain crap.They make a good paperweight b,but have no place on a quality engine.Melling,Shadek ist garbage.Either buy Pauter or Autocraft or keep the stock oilpump.The stock type 4 oilpump is good for just about any application.Armin Klein uses stock pumps on his turbo engines and has also never had an oil problem.Key to a good oil system is and pressure balance is proper crankcase ventilation and large enough oil lines.Running a dash 8 oil line will not cut it on a large engine or high horsepower engine. Oil lines should be dash 10 or dash 12 if you run a 3 liter. Crank case ventilation is extremely important also,it must be large enough,starting with dash 12 or dash 16 vent hose and a breather box that has at least the same displacement as the engine.Other than that, I agree 100% with Oval..

Mark