View Single Post
Old May 17th 2005, 06:36

Hey Sandeep,

Cool idea, lets give Jake a head start for s/th he plans on doing in the future as well

Funny, I experienced roughly about the same findings as you did. They are also consistent with the data that Jake had on his site (and this forum) AFAIK some time ago, just after his tests.

I say roughly thesame, because my temp differences between 1 and 2 AND 3 and 4 were very close, but that may partly be due to the fact that I used (porsche 964) Nikasil cylinders.

I also installed the stock diverter (it just fits a BAS shroud with only very minor mods) and even enlarged it. Utimately, it made nr. 4 cylinder run cooler than nr. 3 : Oeps

Since my oil temperatures kept a stunning 85 degrees Celcius (185F) at all revs (!) and since I believe that the cylinders are a major factor in cooling the oil (apart from the actual oil cooler of course) and because my top cylinder fins are very small, which creates a huge barrier for air to flow over the first cylinderhead fin, I went as far as to put an almost horizontal plate over the cylinders to increase flow towards and over the heads. I will have pics in a few days I hope.
Anyway, that gave a 50F lower head temp! with the same oil temps. 1 and 2 are still lower in temp overall than 3 and 4, but that will be the goal for step 3

The difficulty is that there are a lot of factors into play here. For instance, I have used the 11-blade fan with the 245mm diameter blades and a 90mm pulley on the fan and a 140/145mm pulley on the crank.
I have also tried the 12-blade fan which has a 100mm fan-pulley and 255-ish fan diameter. The 12-blade also has a totally different housing air-outlet; more straight than the 4 curved ones you spoke of. I have a picture of the latter one if you want it posted (I have before). I have done too little runs with the same conditions to be able to say s/th conclusive about the differences on that one yet.

- end of report - (for now)

Regards,
Walter

Last edited by Wally; May 17th 2005 at 06:42.