View Single Post
Old May 19th 2005, 11:16

Sandeep, the first step you should take would be to increase the drive ratio like we spoke about when I met you. This is easily done with the later model Porsche top pulley.

The shroud you are working with has a few physical challenges that will limit your work that can be done without actually modifying the shroud's skin.

Your primary objective should be to effectively divert more air flow to the #2 and #4 cylinders as they are the hottest due to being almost directly under the fan and air generally does not like making a 90 degree bend... At least without being directed efficiently.....

I am glad to see that you are making this development- You will undoubtedly see just how difficult air can be to manipulate, I never would have dreamed that it was so difficult to work with.

The differences in temps arenot as great as I saw. This could be directly related to two things:
One is your climate, its cooler where you are on ambient temps and also that your gearing may be shorter and not placing as much load on the engine thus not showing all the data to its max extreme. In some of my tests I installed 28" tall tires on my car to effectively gear the vehicle up to place more load on the engine and create more heat with less fan speed- thats when the differences really came out in the car just like they did on the dyno, and even more in some instances. Doing this allowed me to develop the TI shroud to even a higher level than most people would ever be able to push it to..

Also the smallest engine I tested was 153 BHP-

Kep it up, you'll learn a ton!