View Single Post
Old May 24th 2005, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep
I will keep placing diverters around the alternator cap, taking more air from each neighboring quadrant on the alternator ring until I can equalize the temps.
Sandeep
Yes, that should be 'relatively' easy to do. However....it may result in that you take air away from your cooler running 1/2 side to a level where both sides run equel temps, but generally too high!
I think you need to direct the air also to flow from top to bottom over the heads. That is the direction of the fins after all!
To accomplish this, I think I also need more room in my shroud, at least more above the heads. My simple 'steel plates' over the cylinders won't cut it, but it is a start in that direction. I also think that dumping the air from above is the key succes element of the type 1 cooling way: its in the direction of the fin area (duh..!)
The more advanced shrouds (which I consider the Klaus, Remmele and RMB ones, maybe even Gerd Weiser's shroud) do seem to have more room above the heads in the shroud and even more above the 2 and 4 cylinder than over the 1 and 3 cylinder. Not by chance I think. Those shrouds are also 'flatter' right behind the fan. Probably to even out the left/right side flow better. Ever noticed that?

In the end, you very likely to end up redevelop/design your own shroud. Jake is probably right about that

Regards,
Walter