Thread: new here
View Single Post
Old October 3rd 2006, 22:01

Awesome car! Love the color and scheme.

The mirrors are very cool, what's the story there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbox View Post
i made it from 1/2 inch tube with a flat tab on each end to bolt it to the car then drilled a hole in the tube an welded a 1/2 stud in to it to mount the belts
I have to tell you this was the one part of your car that worried me. Those studs are not in a good situation when it comes to the load on them, they should be grade 8 or better without welding, it changes the strength of the metal. I'd be much more comfortable with the crossbar going through the loop in the belt though the cross bar itself I thought was a little on the weak side. You might consider running something from your rear roll cage vertical member up to the seatbelt crossbar or just make a beefier crossbar and run it through the seat belt loops or just extend the current belt back to the roll cage vertical member and use grade 8 bolts/nuts and a good welded tab. In a serious shunt the loads are pretty astronomical momentarily. I'd just hate for someone to get hurt, that's all.

All in all amazing work and something to be VERY proud of, it looks extremely well thought out and integrated!

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S

Last edited by volkdent; October 3rd 2006 at 22:09.