GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old September 6th 2006, 22:55

Volkswagen Concepts

I've been working on some Volkswagen Concepts of "phantoms" or vehicles that VW never produced but could have.

What about a 1979 Volkswagen 4-door 1303S? What if a couple of VW engineers decided to build the Ultimate Super Beetle. Based on the Rommetsch Taxi of the early 50s, this 80s interpretation is bigger, faster, and safer. Taking a box-stock Euro-spec 1303S, they custom engineered the four doors exclusively using original parts. They intentionally updated the engine to add more muscle for the extra weight. Unfortunately, the time was nearly over for factory air-cooled cars, so the idea was never considered.

The story might not be true but you can start on your own SuperSally with a sad and neglected Volkswagen 1303. While still plentiful, the recent interest in them have been driving up prices on solid examples. The four-door conversion itself takes careful planning but only require another set of doors and a skilled bodyman.

Pearl white SuperSally is roomy and comfortable. 17' front and 19" BRM rear and Michelin radials provide extreme grip and traction with a little sacrifice in ride comfort. But the rebuilt McPherson front end with Koni shocks and Porsche disc brakes handles the bumps and jumps brilliantly. Reworked rear torsion leaves, Porsche 944 control arms, Porsche disc brakes and Koni shocks lower the rear end.

The recovered Recaros replace the original VW seats. Matching cappuccino custom door panels follow the original VW style. Everything else, even the steering wheel , gauges and switches are original VW.

A 1915cc Type 1 motor, discrete dual quiet packs with CB-Performance fuel injection provide SuperSally sass. Ride Sally ride, ride Sally ride. . .

For more VW Concepts, click on http://www.volkspinoy.i.ph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SuperSally2.jpg (84.1 KB, 144 views)
Old September 6th 2006, 23:17

Build it!!!!!!!

Mike

http://www.Type1R.com
Old September 7th 2006, 01:42

Volkswagen Concept: Hebmeuller Superbe

MikeVW,

Glad you liked it, how about this one instead?

Volkswagen Concept: Hebmeuller Superbe

Throw away the book. Guaranteed to turn heads is this Heb-style Super Beetle. A look at what could have been if Hebmeuller Coachcraft survived the war and continued to produce it's 2-seat Convertible into the Super Beetle era.

Most assuredly, Hebmeuller would be at the forefront of VW advancements. As the VW Convertible evolved into the 1303 model, Hebmeuller also followed suit.

The Hebmeuller Superbé is a Volkswagen Concept based on a late model 1303S Convertible. The Superbé features the distinctive curved 03 windshield, the re-engineered VW top, and at the rear, the smoothened hood that echoes the sexy Heb shape.

Giving Superbé the visual jolt is the bright tangerine sides with the straight black body. Bilstein adjustable coilovers replace tired VW McPherson struts and the Brembo brake upgrades are decades more advanced. Polished Porsche 18-inch Cup Wheels with Fulda rubber fill-in the reworked and widened fiberglass fenders quite nicely. Porsche 944 Turbo trailing Arms with Bilstein adjustable shocks and same Brembo brake upgrades round out the rear. A blueprinted 3.0 liter Type4 engine, mated to a rare Gene Berg 5-speed gearbox pushes Superbé flat out at the 'Bahn.

more VW concepts at http://www/volkspinoy.i.ph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HebmeullerSuperbefrontsmall.jpg (81.7 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by manilaghia; September 7th 2006 at 02:03.
Old September 7th 2006, 09:07

I liked the first one a lot better! I have never seen a four door bug before and the rear suicide doors make it that much cooler . Are you trying to decide on a unique car to build or just excersising your great imagination? Either way those are some good drawings :agree:

Mike

http://www.Type1R.com
Old September 8th 2006, 20:56

drawings

Mike,

Thanks for the kind words man. I've been a VW nut for the longest time and I've been drawing cars (mostly bugs). I've only started posting my work last year. I've been interested in all styles for Vdubs like the German Look, Cal Look, baja, Volksrods, etc. I enjoy coming up with unique interpretations of familiar VW models

I wish I had the time and money to make some of these 'concepts' a reality but at the moment I only have my beloved Ghia around.

See my blog for a LOT more VW Concepts http://www.volkspinoy.i.ph
Old September 24th 2006, 23:25

Volkswagen Concept: The Super Beetles, Part 1

Volkswagen Concept: The Super Beetles, Part 1

Here are some VW Concepts that combine air-cooled Volkswagen Super Beetles (1302 and 1303 models) and my interpretation of "phantom" models that VW never produced but could have.

FatBoy

This particular FatBoy is based on one of the last Euro-spec 74 1303 Volkswagen Convertibles. Tattered and torn, the top remained just a shell with frozen rails and missing or broken pieces. He ran on 3 cylinders and 2 gears. Thoroughly disassembled from top to bottom, the body shell was reinforced with racing strut braces. A parade of Porsche parts come next.

Read more http://volkspinoy.i.ph/blogs/volkspinoy/?itemid=39

SuperSally

What about a 1979 Volkswagen 4-door 1303S? What if a couple of VW engineers decided to build the Ultimate Super Beetle. Based on the Rommetsch Taxi of the early 50s, this 80s interpretation is bigger, faster, and safer. Taking a box-stock Euro-spec 1303S, they custom engineered the four doors exclusively using original parts. They intentionally updated the engine to add more muscle for the extra weight. Unfortunately, the time was nearly over for factory air-cooled cars, so the idea was never considered.

Read more http://volkspinoy.i.ph/blogs/volkspinoy/?itemid=60

The Black Wolf

This particular Black Wolf has been resurrected from decades old sleep. Stripped of his rusty fenders, and built on an otherwise solid body, the top is chopped by 5 inches. Chopping the roof of a VW Beetle is no picnic, but chopping a 1303 is a whole new ballgame. As soon as the body massaging is done, the whole thing was sprayed an experimental suede like, black urethane blend suited for the stealth fighter.

Read more http://volkspinoy.i.ph/blogs/volkspinoy/?itemid=37

Hebmeuller Superbé

Throw away the book. Guaranteed to turn heads is this Heb-style Super Beetle. A look at what could have been if Hebmeuller Coachcraft survived the war and continued to produce it's 2-seat Convertible into the Super Beetle era. Most assuredly, Hebmeuller would be at the forefront of VW advancements. As the VW Convertible evolved into the 1303 model, Hebmeuller also followed suit.

Read more http://volkspinoy.i.ph/blogs/volkspi...euller-superbe
Old September 24th 2006, 23:33

The Heb rod has been done already.
Air Speed Parts in Vancouver

Old September 25th 2006, 01:22

now that's nice
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old September 25th 2006, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyboy View Post
The Heb rod has been done already.
Air Speed Parts in Vancouver