GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old December 31st 2004, 20:33

PTP swaybar (the one in the photos)

Hi guys,this is my 1st post i think, ive been lurking for a few years tho,anyway enough of this idle chit chat down to business,im very interested in the adjustable front swaybar from PTP how can i contact A.Knuff (is that his real name),thanks Mick :agree:
Old January 6th 2005, 11:25

PLEASE !!!!!!
Old January 6th 2005, 11:34
Administrator

I'm not sure how to contact Oliver ...he used to post on here a while back. Since you are in 'Oz', why are you not using the adjustable Whiteline bars ?

Sandeep
Old January 6th 2005, 20:51

Hi Sandeep,Whiteline bars are nice but there linkages suck,i have an adjustable 18mm bar part no. BWF16Z on a linkpin beam at the moment.I have a spare BJ+IRS pan that i am gathering parts for and am trying VERY hard to minimize eurothane bushes they require frequent lubrication and have too much initial friction,anyway thanks for the reply dude.
Old January 7th 2005, 14:38

You know they've had urethane bushings with grease fittings out for some time now? I agree, had bad experience with using them in the past when you had to disassemble to re-lubricate - but with a grease fitting I think that era is over. These also have grease channels inside to retain the grease.
FWIW, you could have a custom made sway bar made by a couple different companies - could make something near identical to the one shown in the pics.
http://www.sanerperffab.com/
Jeff
Old January 8th 2005, 01:01

Thanks Jeff,yeah i saw those grease fittings on some site recently but im still not 100% convinced,i had another look at Sandeeps suspension tech article and i might try Whiteline bars and welded brackets + some rose jointed linkages like Steve C has,its just that basically im lazy and ide rather put together an INTERNET suspension with some beautiful german engineering that only requires a bit of welding anyway thanks guys,Mick.
Old January 8th 2005, 01:57

I agree -- the whiteline front adjustable sway bar can be a pain to install on a ball joint. I did it like Sandeep at first, but found out that the shock brackets were upside down (bracket should be "L" vs upside down L). It works upside down as shown in Sandeeps tech article, but ground clearance is reduced. To get it right side up, the bracket needs to be clearanced to prevent rubbing on the shock which can loosen the shock nut.

Another problem I had was that my bar rotated on the beam with a hard corner, causing some fender lip rubbing. John at aircooled.net said he had seen the U bolts welded to the beam to prevent this. I took the suggestion and it's rock solid now.

No issues with the new slotted urethane bushings from Whiteline, but I don't have a lot of miles on it yet either.

Instructions on how I did my install are here.
Old January 8th 2005, 04:19

Gidday Mate,
Try www.powertuningparts.de, the site is under construction but phone number is shown.
Later
Old January 8th 2005, 05:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typ Vier
Gidday Mate,
Try www.powertuningparts.de, the site is under construction but phone number is shown.
Later
Thanks Andreas,yeah i was going to do that as a last resort im hoping his english is a heap better than my german,which was all obtained from Hogans Heroes,(yeah i know dont mention the war)
Old January 8th 2005, 16:39

He deals with a lot of overseas customers so I guess communication shouldn`t be a prob. Remember the time difference when you call .
Old January 9th 2005, 01:35

Will do,thanks. :agree:
Old January 10th 2005, 14:10

Oliver speaks perfect english so don't worry when you call. Just make sure that you punch all the numbers in correct when you call, I made an international wrong number call... I really confused some German citizens that day...
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old January 12th 2005, 12:53

i spoke with oliver a few months ago when a bunch of us bought kafer cup braces .the lady that answered the phone spoke little to no english but handed the tele to oliver almost at the mention of his name. he was really nice and helpful
Old January 13th 2005, 12:20

Well i got 'gutentag' 'bitta' 'ze' and then i was lost,and my contribution to the conversation, oliver please a few times,i was waiting for some kind of response to oliver but alas it was not to be,so was i discouraged yes am i giving up noooo ,but before i go back for another round im gunna brush up on my Hogans Heroes german,later guys,Mick. :agree: