GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old July 5th 2004, 17:44

side drop and tuck

Hey dudes
i seem to be having a bit of an issue with my car. She likes to sit down on my drivers side and the wheels are tucked under the arches slightly more than on the passenger side I imagine theis could do with the torsion bar. I am going for a porcsche box conversion soon and wonderring would i be better off getting some porsche rear suspesion parts while i am at it. Only thing is i have kerscher discs on back with 5x100 pcd and dont want to lose them. Would I be better sticking to the vw parts and just the porsche box?
Realistically i want to get the most comfortable ride out of the best combo. Any help is apreciated.
Cormac
Old July 6th 2004, 01:08

The Porsche tranny and Type IV 2L will add a bit of weight to your rear. Plus with a little sportier driving you might want to consider some bigger rear torsion bars(it is a Type 1 vehicle, right?). The added weight over the rear axle will induce more oversteer problems, you can counter that with a stiffer rear spring rate. That will hopefully help with your sagging rear drivers side. 944 ones slip right in, they are plentiful and inexpensive. You won't need to change any other parts for this mod either, but it is very fustrating and you might o it a few times to get the rear straight.

Nick