GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old December 16th 2006, 14:07

Heh, I know how that goes. I'm always up for a night of wrenching with beer and pizza
Old March 20th 2007, 01:53

Wow, where does time go? Things have been crazy around here since x-mas and only this month have started to settle down. I got the first chance since my last post to work on the bug (no I'm not kidding) and was able to get a few things done this weekend.

Moved the bug around the drive way to clear some room by the garage. This is the first time it's been on the ground since I added a spline to the rear end to pick it up a bit and I love the stance now.

Also wrapped the header and bolted it on. While I was at it I put the oil pan back on for the last time.

better shot of the new ground clearance

This weekend I got the clutch pedal plumbed and bled. Also put the last touches on the rear brakes so as soon as my EBC Yellow pads get here I can bleed them. Picked up an aluminum dash panel so I'll try to get my gauges wired up soon.

Speaking of gauges, I have an autometer electric speedo since I no longer have the cable drive front spindles. I just odered a porsche abs wheel speed sensor that looks like it works like a VR (variable reluctor) sensor. Has anybody used an electric speedo before?