GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old August 10th 2006, 11:15

I was meaning external bodywork, you will still have to trim internal parts. It may just be possible to get a twin cam in there without cutting, no chance with a quad cam.

By reversing the rear cradle, junking the front and using a berg style mid mount you can move everything about 50mm forwards without cutting through the torsion housing, any more than that and you will have to cut through it and use shorter torsion bars or coil-overs. Pics of how I did mine are on my web site

Rich
Old August 10th 2006, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola
I was meaning external bodywork, you will still have to trim internal parts. It may just be possible to get a twin cam in there without cutting, no chance with a quad cam.

By reversing the rear cradle, junking the front and using a berg style mid mount you can move everything about 50mm forwards without cutting through the torsion housing, any more than that and you will have to cut through it and use shorter torsion bars or coil-overs. Pics of how I did mine are on my web site

Rich

Ah, ok , I see, thats what I thought. Going to take a look at a ej20TT, buy it if it looks ok, going to hook it all up with megasquirt.. I`ll only be reversing the rear cradle, want to keep my torsion housing.

Hope the twin turbos wont give me to much problems..

My gearbox on the other hand, is in a whole lot of trouble
Old August 10th 2006, 13:05

There are a couple of people running link ecus with the twin turbo engine (subbug yaho group) and Tom 72 (in Belgium, I think). The general concensus is to dump the twin turbo set-up for a single, much less hassle and better for tuning, something to do with how the twins work together..

Rich
Old August 10th 2006, 14:41

Yep, everyone says that the twins are hard to tune, can`t see why it should be so hard... Guess I`m going to find out when I try though

Even if I ditch the twin setup, I will atleast get a closed deck block, so I guess it will be worth it anyways..