GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old January 24th 2003, 11:07

CSP vented brakes and Porsche Wheels...

OK fellow GLer's,
I've got a 1973 Superbeetle with the 3 bolt suspension. I've upgraded the front brakes to the CSP vented kit with Euro disc brake spindles as well as Topline adjust-a-struts and tapered sport springs. The kit is supposed to increase the track by 6 to 10mm per side.
I was planning on running Porsche 2.0l alloys (15X5.5 with an ET of 35 or 40) with 185/65 tires. Unfortunately, this doesn't fit - the tires hang out past the fenders by about 1" (25mm), gangsta style. Before I get into modifying the fenders, I figured I'd do a little research on other Porsche wheels.
If I change the rotors to the 5X130 bolt pattern, which Porsche wheels would I be looking at that have appropriate ETs to tuck the the wheels under the fenders a little more.

BTW, who else out there is using the CSP vented kit on your 1302/1303 and what wheels are you using?

Thanks,
Brian
Old January 24th 2003, 13:17

I run 2 litre alloys on late 2 bolt suspension with stock disk spindles. I don't have a problem.. I run 185/55/15 tyres. Don't know what is wrong with your setup..

Here is a picture: http://www.spice50.freeserve.co.uk/v...on/weston5.jpg
Old January 24th 2003, 17:41

I think its the brake kit

I have the CSP vented rotor kit that has expanded the track by about 10mm per side. I'm sure that doesn't help. On my car it looks great as it is sitting still with a nice flush look to the fenders (or wings) but once the car sees the steet, its going to rub on those fender lips, no doubt about it!

That car looks great though! Even though it may not fit the Germanlook in some peoples minds, I love the look of the Porsche 2.0l alloys.

Brian