GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old June 12th 2005, 14:35

I am back.. Loaf (NJ) with a baby and new project

Hey gents..

Got side tracked for a while.. been passive and monitoring the boards infrequently, until lately.. For the longest time I was busy with my scooby, in preparation for some track time this July at watkins glenn.. with most of the routine maintance and a change in attitude, I should be able to proceed with the bug..

For the longest time my vert was on the side burner.. not sure which way I was going to go with this car.. I sourced many of the parts that I needed, but since this is a off the pan restoration, I have struggled with time (due to work) to get the body off..

Some recent changes in my life.. My Wife is due in sept, has made me realize that a new car is out of the picture, as well as job security due to the BRAC. For those who are not familiar with what the BRAC is: Base Realignment and Closure. Where I work in NJ is on the list.

All the above made me realize that I need to get the bug running.. With that in mind I started searching for some parts, and came across, a freshly painted 73 Saloon.. that I just could not pass up.. From the moment I saw it, I fell in love and had to have it.. after traveling hours to see it, I did a little impulse shopping and bought it.. The wife was not totally aware since she is on travel, and almost killed me..

Now I am faced with the problem of two bugs one saloon and one vert.. I had alway wanted his and hers porsches, so I figure this is sorta the same and my preference has always been the saloon.

I will continue the German Look on the saloon, transfer all the parts and the vert will be a more conservative GL/Classic look, that I will give to my wife once it is done, so that she can cruise with the new baby (unsure of sex, did not find out).

I just wanted to pass on to you all, since this is a great forum and bunch brilliliant motorsports people.. that car about cars, their families and VW way of life ..

On a side note, last thanksgiving had the opportunity to meet Michael Ghia, in Oxford, UK.. sat and chatted for a while.. what a knowledge base.. Mike, hope your doing well.. cheers for the east coast.

That is it for now.. I pick up the car next week.. will post pictures once I get another camer, wife has mine..

Very excited, about this new project.. priority is on getting it running quick and performance later..

VR
Alex
Loaf (NJ)
Old June 12th 2005, 15:25

congrats on both of your new babies...

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old June 12th 2005, 16:45

Vujade,

Thanks..

Once I take possession, I need to change my signature to 78 and 73 under contruction..

Alex
Old June 13th 2005, 04:37

Play time!

Alex,
Just got my results through and I'm onto the Motorsports Degree now yipee

Hope you and the wife are well and keep the bug stuff going. I'm sure they'll be times when both are asleep and you can sneak outside for a play

Keep us updated with the work.

Mike

Performanceghia is still alive and kicking...
Old June 13th 2005, 22:04

welcome back. you can stray, but they all eventually come back to home.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old June 14th 2005, 19:15

Zen

So true..

Like I was telling my wife.. My heart has alway been with the VW Beetle.. You may stray but as soon as you see one on the street (no matter how old) your pulse starts to speed up.. and you can't help but fall in love all over..

Hopefully this time I won't get to carried away and stay focused on the Beetles. But let me tell you, have a 270 Hp Scooby is so addicting.. so addicting that it draws your attention with ease.. kinda like walking down the street with the wife and a Beautiful/Hot model walks past you.. just have to respect..

Loaf..
Old June 19th 2005, 21:38

Well, Finally took delivery today.. Now my drive way has three flat fours.. Two VW, and One Scooby..

I am so excited to get my hands dirty but for now it will have to wait.. I am made a deal with the devil to get the baby room, guest room and a couple odd jobs completed before I do anything with the new beetle..

Currently the wife was the Digital camera, so when I see in a few weeks I will uncover and take pictures..

For now best way to describe the color is plat silver from nissan.. I think its the darker grey that is on the Maurano.. and the Inf G35C..

As far as plans.. The vert is on hold, and will become a nice stocker.. the GL stuff gets transfered to the 73 Super..

List of stuff includes..

Topline struts.. along with the late model front suspension arms from the Vert..
944 non-turbo front upgrade..
Topline parts.. camber bolts, front sway bar..

In the rear, late 944 alum Trailing arms.. with brakes..
Will have to get a rear sway, not sure which route..

Lets see what else is in the basement..

Design 90, (16") painted satin black..

Next year the 911/901 will go in as well as the 1800 Type IV.. (engine work needed, but out of funds for this FY)

Interior will host some Recaros (But again stockers for this year) with a buch of Sparco or momo stuff.. tasteful of course..

Well that is for now.. I will report later on when I get the camera from the wife.. I am very excited as this was the color I was going to paint the vert.. which will get the fenders from this car.. which means I will give CCC a call for some wide fenders for the 73..

Man, I missed not being here for a while.. but I needed to take care of things.. Incidently, heading to race the Scooby with the audi club in July.. hope to have fun, as this will be the first and last event of this year from then I will shift the maj of the focus on the beetle..

Well take care guys.. hope to have more info soon..
Man I feel honored, Flat Four * 3.. Hmm maybe the scooby can become a donor.. and I can do an STI swap.. Na.. but I could alway dream

Loaf