GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old January 7th 2003, 18:02

super books

Hi,

Last night, I received a copy of Keith Seume's book ("Millenium Bug") which I "won" on eBay. I haven't read it yet but after a quick skim, I was amazed how little of the book is devoted to the 1302/1303.

From what I could see, there was a general picture of a 1302, another one of a 1303, and a picture or two of the Käfer Cup or similar race. Yet, there is at least a whole chapter on the Water Bug which was based on a Polo as "Concept I" and is currently based on a Golf platform.

I have at least one other of Seume's books so I am sure it will prove to be a good read. I am disappointed nevertheless as to the lack of information on the strutted version considering its existence for five years -- actually, nine counting the Cabrio Käfer.

(Oh yeah, there was a picture of a group protesting the end of the convertible in German. And another thing, I'm not downing the New Beetle although I am somewhat luke warm about it. I was mentioning it as a point of comparison. Heck, I bet Hitler is mentioned more often than any of the terms for Super Beetle.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's a history book. But nine years is nothing to sneeze at either.)

Now, my question is this: Is there a good book out "there" with content on the Super Beetles? How about "Volkswagen Beetle: Model by Model" by Laurence Meredith -- is that a book with decent 1302/1303 coverage? (Okay, that's two questions.)

I have at least one of Meredith's other books so I am sure it is a good read as well but I am really more interested in specific information on the Super Beetle than building a library on VWs.

Thanks,
René
Old February 18th 2003, 22:28
Superman

I've looked for this type of book for the last 20 years and there is nothing. I'd write one if I could get published. Until then, you'll find plenty of info on my Super site (link below in signature).