GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old July 22nd 2006, 04:35
Administrator

Sept. events

I know it has been a long time since I have posted. I have been very involved in building customer cars. Between that and my regular job, I don't have much extra time. I see that our forum has been slow also. I guess the Prez. should stop in and put something in here from time to time.
Anyway,,,,, We have the Taccoa Bug Fair coming in Sept. along with the PLM at road Atlanta. Who is planning to attend these events? Would anyone like to do the swap meet area again this year at Taccoa? I plan to camp at Taccoa on Sat night. It is aways a bast to camp and Have a beer or two or ten wit every one and hang out. I would like to thank Beth for getting an account set up for the club. We now have all our funds in one place. I have the club T-shirts if anyone would like one. We also have some leftover Dyno Day shirts from Tampa (at a great leftover event shirt price).
lets start to get our plans made for Sept. and Oct. Oasis is sending his car to me in Aug. for a Raby powertrain upgrade. So maybe he can make the pickup plans for one of the events.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old July 22nd 2006, 05:25

That would be nice.

I know I am planning BugJam again but I don't want that to be the only one. I had such a great time. One more week of being "on loan" from my new job to the old. Phase Two of the home improvements are 90% done. My life may just settle down yet. I'll have to look into the details of Taccoa & PLM.

What's the deal with the swap meet, btw? Do you need extra bodies to rotate through the responsibilities?

I am so excited about the upgrade. If there's another Dyno Day, I will be going for Most Improved.

I'm still sore I didn't win The Weak Sister award last year.
Old July 22nd 2006, 21:24

I'll be at the bug fair Sun. Road Atlanta at least one of the days.

1962 SC 1776cc SP 944NA brakes, 993 wheels

VKG
Old July 22nd 2006, 22:14

I "think" that the Toccoa show is on Sunday the 10th??? Jake and I will be there for sure. Hopefully, my car will be there too....but it seems the upholstery shop is having a hard time with the top frame and all the adjustments to make it and the windows line up correctly. So, if he can't get the bugs worked out soon, we may not have enough time to get the motor and tranny installed and all the rest of the car put back together in time for the show. :-(

The Petit Le Mans is Sept 27 - 30th. Jake and I will be there all 4 days camping in the infield in an RV. We plan on setting up a canopy on the hillside at turns 10A and 10B for some up front viewing, so anyone that comes is welcome to drop by and borrow some shade!
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby
Old July 23rd 2006, 11:11

Hmmm, Sunday, Sept. 10th? Just may work. I don't know much of what/when/where PLM is though.
Old July 23rd 2006, 20:57

PLM= Petite Lemans ALMS race at Road Atlanta.. Its a 10 hour race thats not to be missed, especially since Audi is rumoured to be bringing the TDI for it... Sept 27-30 are the dates..

Oasis might be TIV powered and able to attend?? We should have quite a few RAT powered/TIV powered cars at both events.. If the Spyder doesn't sell before either event it'll be there for sure..

It's not looking good to have Beth's car done for either one... :-(
Old July 23rd 2006, 21:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive Type IV
PLM= Petite Lemans ALMS race at Road Atlanta.. Its a 10 hour race thats not to be missed, ... Sept 27-30 are the dates...
Oooooh, I have to find out more. Sounds really cool.
Old July 23rd 2006, 22:31

im planning on attending both events. Im no camper though. i will ride to toccoa on sunday like always. i still dont know how to deal with PLM though.
Old August 4th 2006, 23:18

Dave, what are the rules on selling parts at Bug Fair? I have type1 engine parts to sell.

VKG
Old August 5th 2006, 23:08
Administrator

I called TOny tonight and reserved a swap spot. I asked for the spot next to Charles Overspray/BK boys so we could talk smack while we are selling. Nayone acn bring stuff they want to sell. If you have lots of stuff we might need 2 spots. A single spot is $25 and anyone that wants to sll some stuff can trow in on the spot. We can take turns minding the store so everyone can enjoy the show.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old August 6th 2006, 21:55

Thank's Dave, Looking through my stash, i have mostly new typeI engine parts to sell, thanks to Jake. Its all typeIV from here!

VKG
Old August 7th 2006, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchnride247
thanks to Jake. Its all typeIV from here!
That's what we like to hear
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill today because they pissed me off!"

Beth Raby
Old August 7th 2006, 13:20

i plan on being at all three events for the fall. i have a few things to do to get ready for Taccoa (alt stand is blowing oil), but should be cool to make it if my training i am doing for work goes well enough.

PLM is a must for any race fan. just a plain kick a$$ event. EuroAutofest is another must. best of breed of just about every euro marque there is. a nice change from the VW shows. autocross a supplied car on Saturday and SCCA autocross in your car on Sunday morning. it is at the BMW plant which is just a cool setting.

i'm looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting a few new ones. :agree:

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old August 7th 2006, 15:40

Beth's car comes back from the interior shop today...there is no way we'll be able to get it all put together for any of these events, but she has talked me into keeping the Spyder till after the events are over and cruising it to the shows..

There should bas a MassIVe showing at Toccoa this year!! next year will be even better!!!
Old August 7th 2006, 20:51

I hope my project will be ready for next year... RAT power of course

VKG