GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old August 11th 2006, 12:49

Cut and paste 16v... and a pic request

So after much thought and research on Subie motors, I've made up my mind. Well, my Jetta made up my mind for me. The 1303 project that I'm putting together right now is going to get everything I can swap over from my 88 GLI. It needs paint, glass, a buttload of seals (you think german aircooled seals are expensive, try oem rain gutter seals for a mk2), interior work... etc... Not to mention the KW supension I just put in last year is already blown in the rear. So, the built, overbored, camed 16v that originally came out of a Passat is going to make it's way to the 1303. I didn't want to kill the gli, but monetarily it just makes sense. So, I was wondering if anyone had pics of any 8v or 16v VW motors in beetles. ??? I'm trying to stay motivated here while I'm knee deep in bodywork and radiator area fab.

Thanks in advance,
jim

kitchenware AT comcast DOT net

Here's a pic of the 16v... Just imagine it without all that cis-e crap, minus the dizzy and some fat gsxr throttle bodies hanging off the front.

Old August 14th 2006, 15:56

hey, i'm pretty sure superman at superbeetles only.com has fitted a 8v into a 1303, using an adaptor.but from what i know the diesel vanagon used the same bellhousing as all petrol inline fours, so don't know if using a gearbox off one if them is possible? never got that far into it as i went wasserboxer, well i got one in the gararge waiting . good luck
Old August 14th 2006, 23:03

I am pretty sure that will be a sweet ride. What is the approximate horsepower output of your bored out Passat motor?

Mike

http://www.Type1R.com
Old August 20th 2006, 01:02

not sure on what the final HP# will be, but I just purchased some ITB hotness for it...