GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old July 28th 2004, 12:42

I'm about as unmotivated as I can be right now.

I work on cars, trucks, farm tractors, and road tractors all day. When I'm off work at 6:00pm, I don't want to work on anymore cars, even if they're mine.

My engine bulid-up has ceased because I'm STILL waiting on some important parts. I have so much still to do to the car, and pan, but I need the engine out of the way first.

The Passat fiasco set me back ($$) drasticly, so that makes it even worse.

Sorry about that folks, but I'm afraid the carrot's gone for me too.
'83 928S 4.7
Old July 28th 2004, 21:52

I go for a ride on my bike to get me motovated. All the looks I get and the people trying to race me gets my blood pumping. I want all of those things to happen when I'm driving my bug. If I could only get my beetle to go as fast as my bike...
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old July 28th 2004, 22:28

I hear ya. :agree:

Riding makes me relax and unwind, but still maintain physical motion. I feel tired, but it's a good kind of tired .

Mabye I need to hit the road and find some trails somewhere,.. I gotta fix my flat front tire, and change the oil first. Bought a tire and tube 2 years ago, and haven't gotten around to putting 'em on. Got the flat the last time I really rode off somewhere in February.
'83 928S 4.7
Old July 28th 2004, 22:41

Fix that flat and change the oil man. I put my entire bike together in 3 hours, and it was totaled...
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old August 2nd 2004, 15:06

you wanna be motivated? go get yourself some CRAPPY *** beater car, just one that doesnt require any money but is STILL a peice. i suggest a vw fox. dont change ANYTHING on the car at all. use it as your daily driver when your bug isnt running. pretty soon youll be itching to get your project done just so you can stop driving that crappy *** car.
Old August 5th 2004, 12:38

well i've gotten some motivation.
had some work done on the motor so i can assemble it.
i think it's just a matter of no funds and crazy work stress.
i just needed some time to relax and driving driving my stock mk3 cl made me miss my bug
Old August 5th 2004, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O
Just picture in your mind, the look of shock on the face of the guy in the first pimped out Honda Civic you will lay the smack down on. Most of that crowd has no idea what a VW(air-cooled) can do.
This should be everybody's motivation. I know its mine. A beetle is all I have ever driven. I CANNOT wait to light em up on POS Civic. I'm gonna toy with em! I had a Mustang GT pull up on the side of me the other nite, wanting to race. Its a ****** 70hp bug you moron that cost 1/5th your car and is 20+years older!!!!!!!
But one day, they are gonna be embarrassed and garage their car in shame... :agree:
Old August 5th 2004, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoRay
I had a Mustang GT pull up on the side of me the other nite, wanting to race. Its a ****** 70hp bug you moron that cost 1/5th your car and is 20+years older!!!!!!!
But one day, they are gonna be embarrassed and garage their car in shame... :agree:
thats why we named our bug betty
cause every time we'd pull up to a light the joker in the next car starts revving his engine.
and i turn to my wife and say "bet he (betty) wants to race.
Old October 23rd 2004, 00:55

I love whooping up on hondas. I love beating any ricer, but hondas are just ten times more fun. I took the turbo off of the car for a spell, I dont think the clutch liked all the power, so now they have something of a chance, i should have it back on the car soon, and then its over.. Again. I might even swap out to my spare motor and put this one up for a rebuild when i do the clutch. Hmm.. I think yall just gave me another project to work on..
Old October 24th 2004, 00:19

my motivation y my own lola :P each time i see that car i just get all thease crazy ideas, other motivation are watching herbie the love bug, looking at some c/f parts from joes site, and some sick vedios from CSP's website
Old October 25th 2004, 02:18

i have my toys sitting in the garage. i find just opening the big door gets me giddy

if i walk by it, it seems its no big deal. just a afterthought. BUT, crack open a beer, walk outside, open the double door, and i get silly (i'll take a pic soon) and usually do something for a couple hours.

-> have a stereo in the garage. backround music make things go quickly, with less fustration.

pete
Old October 25th 2004, 02:39

I kinda get that same way to, i have my beetle and my bus end to end in our garage and if i go in there to do somthing (even non car related) i usualy end up working on some little item of one of the cars.

Right now im not having to much of a problem getting motiveated, i recently started working at a shop that deals with restoring and working on german cars (mainly early 911's and 356's, some other makes and models to) and every day when i go in i get all amped up... its like going to a car show every day i love it! after seeing other project geting done and worked on, it makes me want to go home (or do stuff in the shop) and work on my super.

one other thing to get things moving for me is to just order parts so you have somthing to do. but for me, that can prove to be dificult as i dont have a lot of money to spend.

Keep on keepin on! done give up... never stand down!

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing