GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th 2005, 08:51

Oval GL coming together

Finally,after about 4 years it's starting to happen.I am running a 2.7lt Type 4 with 48mm Webers (but will be injected B4 it goes on the road) Made a stainless muffler similar to an original with 2x65mm tail pipes out of the original holes.Have IRS'd the pan and modified it to fit an auto trans from a Type 3. Running weld in adjusters up front and 4 wheel discs with 17X7 up front and 17X8 at the back.May be able to fit 18X9's on the back yet.Will see after the rear guards are on. I am using Aero Guards all round ( locally made using the original 6 volt headlights,but use the big tailights)I wanted to fit a Superbug engine cover with the 4 slots, so the engine could get all the air possible,and needed more room for the exhaust,so welded in a late fuel injected rear panel.I have had all new glass for it(except the Oval)with all the side glass made with the tint in the glass and a laminated/tinted front screen.The headlining has been done in an original looking fabric,but is grey in colour.The front buckets came from a Mitsubishi Starion and I am having them and the rear done in black leather.I am doing this one to be a sort of twin to my Turbo NB.Same colours used thru out with seats/trim etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yella10sm.jpg (31.8 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg aero4sm.jpg (26.5 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg sunroof8sm.jpg (43.7 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg auto38sm.jpg (46.1 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg 140speedosm.jpg (46.6 KB, 512 views)