GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st 2009, 22:39

Everyday GL Driver

Well here is the start of my build. I purchased this 1969 bug from the 2nd owner. It is a original black plate california car. My goal is to build a sweet little 1969 GL bug that handles, stops, and runs hard. Right now my priorities are to get it running well and reliable.

THis last sunday we were able to take off all the stock suspension in the front. We replaced it with a 2" narrowed beam, KYB GR2 shocks, drop spindles, and disk brakes.

I then replaced the rear drum brakes and put on some disk brakes and KYB GR2 shocks. Put on some new wheels and tires

Changes out the shift rod bushing, adjusted the shifter, and now we are getting ready to pull the motor and replace the clutch disk.

Before Bug O this weekend I would like to give the motor a tune up, change the fluids, replace most of the seals on the body with new ones, replace the headlights with new H$ lenses & install HID's, then give it a real nice detail job.

Here is how it sits right now and I will keep up the pics as I take more. ( sorry bought the quality of pics )

Thanks for taking a look.
Jeff

Last edited by JK Fab; February 17th 2010 at 22:33.