GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 2004, 01:18

wow. it has been awhile since i updated this. not sure i have the full list, but here are few things that have happened.

the rest of the windows are in and the interior is 95% done. just have to add seats and eventually kick panel speakers and rear speaker box. lastly get the remote entry working (no door handles).

rear suspension torn out and working on fitting a 944 suspension. other threads show what's going on with that, but looks like i am switching from early arms to late as the early don't appear to have added on as much track as i thought and needed. seeing what impact that has on the rest of my parts that i already have for the rear. still need axles and decide what to do about a parking brake.

had to tear out the whole front beam as i couldn't get the bottom adjuster to move. ends up that the bottom end is seized. no_h2o was willing to trade me beams. the new one is refreshed and painted and goes in tomorrow. and hopefully fitting on the spindles and brakes this weekend as well.

plumbed the oil lines tonight. have one last connection to go (the 90 i bought for the return hits the case so i can't screw it in ). finishing up fuel lines tomorrow. then a little more electrical and put that damn header back on and it will be brought to life. can't wait.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design