GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old December 27th 2002, 20:27

Hey Charlie,

Nothing wrong with the motor, just put a few too many $$ on the visa to pay for it. I'll build another when I can pay cash.
948 project
Old December 28th 2002, 14:08

Morning,

Right on man, I was begining to doubt my choice. Nothing wrong with over extending your card then making it all right again by off loading the equipment. I apprecaite you letting me in on the deal.

Seems to me, and not trying to turn this into a 'kiss Jake and company's butt' thread, but those bunch of mugs down Georgia way have worked out the wrinkles and if I am gonna plunk down a handsome ransome, I want an engine that functions flawlessly. And I can dig it about paying for it with cash, own it out right and cash has never done a fella wrong.

Good rapping with ya,

Charlie
Old December 28th 2002, 21:46

a dont agree at 100%

hello guy's,

I use the BAS exaust diameter 42mm on my 54 GL with a 1971cc type 4 this exaust is not bad, but not the best. It's exellent for perfomance , that's the good point, but i'm very desapointed on the quality (not the 4/2/1 collector even it it rust too, but the rest) it get's rusty fast (mostly the 2 mufflers) the sound is not extra and the mufflers are big and under the fender with rims about 7,5 inch large , you need to work on the mufflers because it touch the tires . If you want to use that system jump on the steel model is 35% more exepensive, but you wont regret it. or if you have more $$ to spend jump on the Big BAS model, that's a beauty . (It's not that I dont like this model, it's just a personal experience...) and if you dont want any problem when it's installed ont the engine, just weld with 2 or 3 points the differents parts of it because it does not stay long in place..

david
Old December 28th 2002, 22:18

Re: a dont agree at 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by elroocky
hello guy's,

I use the BAS exaust diameter 42mm on my 54 GL with a 1971cc type 4 this exaust is not bad, but not the best.
david
david,

thanks for the info. i am looking at the BAS header as well as some others. i am looking at going mild steel, but will have it ceramic coated to pretect from rust. not sure which muffler system i will fab for it though.

question for you, are you able to use the stock filter location with the BAS header or did you have to relocate it in order to get it on and off?

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 29th 2002, 07:31

Hope you don't mind that I'm answering this one. The BAS system Elroocky is talking about can't be used with the original fillertube (I believe you mean filler instead of filter?) as I have experienced. You have to modify it so it sits closer to the block, or buy the special fillertube from them.
As for the mufflers BAS uses. They are far too restrictive for the heavy breathing engines most of you here are using. BAS uses a universal muffler that can also be found on Volvo's I think. They use these because of the stringent noise-laws in Germany. The mufflers I would use are the headermufflers you guys in the USA can get at almost every parts-shop. Mufflers like these can stand a lot of heat and they have nice big pipe-diameters and are available in stainless steel as well! And for the noise? I have used Hooker headermufflers once and do they sound good? You bet, not too hard but with a nice growl! And I found a few extra HP's there as well!

Cheers,

Richard
Old December 29th 2002, 11:04

thanks for the info richie. i am speaking of the filter though. the header looked like it wraps kind of close to the filter area and i wasn't sure if you can get to the filter to replace it at oil change time. i went ahead and bought a relocation kit for it anyway though.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old December 29th 2002, 13:12

Sorry, I'll try to read better next time. Anyway, with this exhaust you'll have no trouble with the oilfilter. There is even a little bit more room to change the filter than with the original exhaust.

Cheers,
Richard
Old December 29th 2002, 15:49

Richie,

Hoe gaat het met jou mann? Alas goed heer en Minneapolis!

Toot Ziens Meneer Richie!

Charlie
Old December 31st 2002, 07:37

Man, I'm always sweating like a pig to get my English straight so somebody can read it. But now I know they speak Dutch in Minneapolis, I'll continue in Dutch!!
Cool!!

Cheers,

Richard