GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old July 9th 2005, 14:14

Wanted: Atlanta Escape Driver 8/7-13

I'll be at Lk Lanier for a sales meeting 8/7-13. Any drivers with time for a cruise?
Old July 9th 2005, 20:31
Administrator

I have the owner of a Thing coming intown from NYC that very day to pick up his Thing. It is now equiped with a Rat 2270 w/nickies, disc brakes, gauge package, electric fuel pump, shock upgrade, wheel/tire upsize, and oil cooler package. So I will be tied up.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old July 11th 2005, 14:36

i think i will be around then. have a concert to go to one of those nights, but should be up for something. i am about 30 minutes from there. give me a call bill.

dave, he is talking August, not July. maybe we can pull the ATL VKG guys together for Bill?

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old July 11th 2005, 19:57

Let me know when hopefully I will be in town...
Old July 16th 2005, 20:09

Kuhl guys. Zen and Dave, I have your numbers. Meeting VKG would be great. See ya, Bill
Old August 2nd 2005, 00:02

I'll be up for a ride.

Bert
Old August 2nd 2005, 13:39

Good to hear from you Bert. Wed 8/10 and Thurs afternoon/evening I have free. See ya, Bill
Old August 9th 2005, 14:38

Bill, are you going to be at the lake tomorrow? Do you have a rental car? Do you have a plan?

Bert
Old August 9th 2005, 18:08

Yes, I'm at the Lake. It's nice. I emailed you my cell number. Call me. I'll PM the same. Thurs at 1:30 I'm able to leave. See ya, Bill
Old August 9th 2005, 22:23
Administrator

I will be up at Jakes Wed. Thurs. trying to get the Bus engine done. If you guys are up that way stop in.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old August 11th 2005, 18:48

Bill and Bert came up today..

Big thanks to Bill for not only building my datalogger for the dyno, but also working today to add some channels and do some tweeking to it...

I took Bill for a ride in the Plague with 3 Liters of power....I think he was impressed

Bill was such a cool guy and has been so helpful that I even let him drive the Plague! For some reason he was a little jumpy when he got out of the car-

Great to met you Bill, its always great to meet previous customers-AKA "Friends"......... Your welcome back any time here at Aircooled Heaven!
Old August 12th 2005, 00:09
Administrator

It was good to meet Bill K. today at Jakes shop. While we didn't have enough time to talk at length we did have a great time. I was trying to get my son's 2L Raby camper Special w/CIS ready for the dyno (while fighting a bad sore tooth) and Bill was helping Jake to get the Data Logger/software updated. It was great to meet you Bill and to see Bert again.
Thanks for making the trip up.
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old August 12th 2005, 11:55

That was a great time. Lake Lanier is beautiful and there were a lot of company activities for our sales meeting, but going to Aircooled Heaven tops it for sure.

Bert -- very kuhl of you to pick me up and cruise to Jake's. I liked hearing about how much you dig your car. I seems like you think of your car as family. Your story of going out to your car and washing it at 4am when you couldn't drive it for a while and just sitting in the front seat listening to the radio because you missed driving it represents what many of us think about the cars we have had for many years. Your impulsive nickies buy from Shad when he left also demonstrated the passion you have for getting it done right. Getting back to the hotel late was no big deal. Thanks for the ride and good times.

Dave -- it was great to meet you and your son. It's awesome to see you teaching him to wrench. I wish I could have had more time to hang out too. Next time I'm in the area, I'll set aside a whole day to dub-out. I hope your tooth gets fixed ok.

Jake -- it was an honor to meet you and drive the 3-OH in the Plague. That ride definately shook off my Jeggermister hangover. Thank you for letting me experience the rush of 230 ft-lbs. Burning rubber while rolling on it in third gear at 50 mph? WTF? Amazing. Idles at 500 rpm with a stockish sound, growls like a deamon when foot goes down, kuhl heads/oil, and cruises at 70 mph with a feather on the pedal. It was an intimidating car to drive. That much power with stock suspension is frightening. I felt the edge and realised I needed to respect the monster in the back or he might bite. How many times did I light up your shift light? Each time from 2nd to 3rd... Sorry about that missed shift After seeing you drive it like a Mad Scientist, I couldn't help myself.

I'm glad the datalogger is proving to be helpful. Now you can log AFR off your LM1. I'll get Shad's formulas for dyno HP and torque ready for the looger this weekend and email you. You'll need to tap in another OP sender in your hydraulic line from the dyno. It will need to go to another OP gauge and then tap off it like you did for the normal OP. This way you can have two gauges/senders. When you want to log car OP, use the existing line into the logger (blue wire). To switch to logging dyno loads, remove the car OP sender line (blue wire) and replace it with the wire you have coming off the back of the dyno OP gauge. Call me to talk it through it you want...

I look forward to accelerated advances from the new data logging capabilities which allow you to see and appreciate details unavailable when you manually record data. With gas prices so high, you'll pay off the logger soon with the shorter dyno runs :agree:

It seems like your dad is doing pretty well. Let me know if you want any support with the Drs in the future.

Bill