GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old May 13th 2004, 11:17

15' new vw wheels

ok so its getting closer to add wheels to my beater. im using new vw 15x6 wheels. i did a mock up and looks like ill need 11/16" of a spacer in the rear. havent checked the front yet. 11/16 equals about 17mm, which means ill probably use a 20 mm spacer. im thinking of using a universal spacer from machine7. i know its a large spacer , but the engine is stock and i wont abuse it. but i need some help with lugs? what size should i use? i know i should use press in studs, but what size? and if i cant get the shop to put in press in studs,what size lugs should i use? i know i shouldnt use lugs but it might be the only way, if the shop cant do press ins, use another shop you say? well im getting my drums from a certain place and trying to get it all done at one time. il still running drums all around. dont want to pay for shipping twice. so can i get some help?

thanks!
Old May 13th 2004, 17:43

CSP will sell drums in about any pattern and i think they can do the press-ins also. one shipping cost then. you might check CIP1 also (hit link in banner at top when it is there) i think they might have something as well, but not sure. for a little extra you could go ghia discs on the front. guess who has some for sale? they are 5x130 though.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old May 13th 2004, 18:06

no body sells drums 5x100 for the front, only the rear. unless someone knows something i dont?i could go for ghia disc up front but then again its all temp. maybe a year at best! so looking for a quick route to give my car some better looks now why i wait to redo everything! trying to go cheap for now!
Old May 13th 2004, 20:12

ok did a trial fitment again. with the wheel offset calculator, it said my new wheels would be 27mm more close to the fender lip. to clear the rear axle nut i need a 20 mm spacer! so added together, my new wheels are going to stick 47mm out farther than the stock wheels! that looks to be in the 1-1.5 inch range, OUTSIDE of the fender! wont this look like CRAP?????? i need to keep my center caps on these new wheels, and to do so ill have to space it out 20mm. is there any way to trim down the axle nut/ rear drum/ splines? to gain better fitment? and can i do this with say.... a grinder or a band saw, sawsall or the like? if not ill have to change wheels.... un less theres a stick on fender flare out there somewhere? lol
Old May 13th 2004, 21:06

I don't think that you could cut down the drum. You might hit the splines and then you wouldn't be able to tighten up your axle nut.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe