GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old June 27th 2005, 04:42

Question Cooper O ringing a type IV head

Hi everyone, I read in the Hot VW in the tech article of a process of sleeving the barrles. This process gives a greater area of sealing. The story went Pauter use to profrom this process. Well I called Pauter, they stated they no longer proformed the process, however Rimco might. I went to Rimco, they said they did but on type one only. I pleaded with to try barrels due to I wouild be turbo charging a 2.5 type IV. Rimco aggred and proformed the process. Boy now I have good sealing surface area. They were not able to 'O" ring my cylinder also, but I have a mechine shop in mind. Also Geer engeerning I plan to have them make me some head gaskets. The barrels will be Nikisil plated and Cyroed, should I have the barrels Cyroed first?. Next since I need to have some gasket made, can anyone tell me a thickness to choose from. I know I would need a true deck height, but I have not gotten to that point and I need to have the gaskets made now. While I have the gaskets made I might have them cut in a upper O ring groove on one side and I plan to have the barrels O ring with two O rings. With a needed 8 comprission ratio needed for turgo charging what would be a good starting point. And again I am aware of cc the heads, deck height the barrels.