GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old April 6th 2005, 20:17

1302 disc brakes from autozone?

i am wondering if i was to buy the caliper brackets from topline or vdubcustoms can i just go to autozone and buy calipers, rotors,and bearings and bolt the disc brakes right on? It says on toplines site that they are stock ghia parts for easy replacement so i assume i could get it all at a local parts store. The cost is only about 70 dollars cheaper but i am thinking having the lifetime warrenty on all my parts would be a good reason to put the kit together locally.
Old April 7th 2005, 18:15

i don't really see why not as long as all of the parts are appropriate to the conversion that they built the brackets for. just ensure it doesn't void any warranty with the bracket manufacterer. that said, i prefer supporting shops like Topline and VDubCustoms by spending my money there to ensure custom solutions for our cars stay available and people see it as a viable business to be in.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old April 7th 2005, 23:50

I emailed Vdubcustoms about thier brackets and he said that it is designed to use all stock ghia brake parts that would be available at any autoparts store. But i have been thinking about what Zen said about supporting companys that cater to our 30-plus year old cars and think i will give them my business since without them i would be riding on 4 wheel drums and 4 1/2 inch wheels.