GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old April 5th 2005, 15:07

Advice for a new member

I'm loving the German Looker ethos and wondered if you guys could give me some advice for my girlfriend's 1970 LHD Karmann 1302.

Its in for heater channels at the moment and a deep, dark paintjob to match its navy mohair roof.

Looking to GL it but not sure if the Karmann can take it.

Also in the fleet is a 1982 VW T3 Caravelle. I am about to lauch a business supply parts here in the UK. Reckon a T3 can be 'German Looked' too? I have made a start with an Audi Quattro steering wheel, Porsche glovebox lock, crystal headlights and now I am looking at lowering it, Porsche rims (on adapters), tinted rear lenses, monotone paint, Porsche seats. Any tips on a Porsche brake upgrade for it or any other cool mods would be useful.
Old April 5th 2005, 19:42

Yes of course you can make a 1302 Karman a looker, you want to give Mattkab a shout, his Karman is well cool.

As for the T3 then you want to search some of the German sites, they are the BIG THING at the moment for the German guys to convert in to GL's and the realy good thing is unlike the splittys & bays (it hurts so much to say this as I've got a bay) but the T3 can be made to handle realy well unlike the other two

Good luck and keep us posted with your business venture :agree:
Old April 5th 2005, 21:08

i'm beginning work on my T3 within the next few weeks myself. and absolutely a Karmann can be GL'd. imo, some of the best looking GL's have been 1303 Karmann's.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old April 5th 2005, 22:30

Thumbs up

KG's make awesome looking cars... lots of room in that engine bay too. A nice flowing body of a car that screams GL greatness...
Including yours Zen! :agree:
Old April 6th 2005, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotts73SB
KG's make awesome looking cars... lots of room in that engine bay too. A nice flowing body of a car that screams GL greatness...
Including yours Zen! :agree:
I think he is talking about a convertible Super Beetle

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old April 6th 2005, 14:40

DOh!!!

well still.... ok then.. MattKab and I think its Carbon Joe's convt the black one with the newer cup1's on it? (The one on the SBO logo page)
Those are reallllly nice!!
Old June 29th 2005, 13:56

Made a start on my T3 at last (new van - old diesel died a death so I got a Caravelle GL 2.1 Auto instead!) and here are the first pictures.

Now running Porsche Cayenne 'S' 18" rims with Continental Sport 225/40 tyres. 45 mm drop all round. I would lower it more but it sits lower than pictured when loaded (most of the time) anyway.

Smoked lights fitted all round.

Just got the South African grille which I hope to fit along with smoked crosshair headlights and spots.

Awaiting a bodykit from Germany and theres some custom touches to be sorted over the coming weeks.

Being a GL its well specced with PAS,CL,EW,EM,FFS etc.

Hoping to fit some electric heated Porsche seats in the cab and some serious ICE in the next few weeks.
Old June 29th 2005, 17:05

keep us updated. i am hoping to start my T3 soon. will be a budget beater approach, but hoping to have some fun with it. already have, but not installed, lowering springs, shocks, and rims. much more to go. window rubber looks to be the most expensive piece. West Coast Metric, who doesn't even have every piece listed, would come up to about $600US. CIP1 has much cheaper items (I am not concerned about top quality with this T3, but want at least average), but not everything needed either. any suggestions welcome.

unfortunately just had to pay a mechanic (an arm and a leg) to do some work on it as i don't have much time right now and also broke a stud trying to change out the water pump. just need the engine to last another year or so and hope to go to a Scobby.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old June 30th 2005, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshbuggers
Made a start on my T3 at last
Looks very nice. Makes me miss my Vanagon (stateside name). Soon, I'll be missing my T4 (EuroVan Westy), too.

Those are smart looking wheels. The front bumper is different than any I have seen foreign or domestic.