GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old April 18th 2005, 08:13

So where are the pics?
Old April 18th 2005, 08:31

thanks for the compliment Mikey. glad you could make it. it was good hanging out. and yes, Tim (i think that was it) has won hell of a car collection there. very, very well done rides.

it was a great show and killer weather. i have TONS of pics that will be going into the show coverage article to come this week. no GLs other than dave and i, but many fine rides. the water guys seemed to get some big props at the show as well judging by the awards if nothing else. some fine examples there as well.

and there always has to be a glitch, huh? seems in changing my starter Friday before the show, i must have left something open in the charging system somehow. i made it to the show fine, but the battery gave out on the way home. thank god for friends though. dave and i just pulled over and swapped batteries. now to start the hunt for what happened.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old April 18th 2005, 21:48

Thanks for the compliments. I'll pass it along to Tim (you were right) You deserved the awards, Both Zen and Dave. I'm sure Tim's cars would be nicer if he wasn't trying to build 3 cars with the same money some people put into 1 car, but it's all good. He still has 4 more to finish. '53 zwitter, '56 & '57 slide roof cars, and a '59 Ghia, along with the '47 Split we're building now. Thanks again for the compliments. I also enjoyed hanging out all weekend. Meeting people and chillin' with people I don't often see, except online.

A side note: they anounced that the other '51 was the oldest, but crotch coolers didn't come out till late '51 (August) They didn't even check Tim's vin (May), even though they said they did. I guess that's neither here nor there.
'64 Ghia - Project!!-Subaru EJ20T, MS/EDIS, 993 brakes, 914 Tranny...