GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st 2009, 19:22

Sway bar Suggestions?

I've lowered the front of the car, rear to follow soon, not stupid low, but decent. The sway bar is pushing the control arms back at a funny angle, so I need a lowered swaybar. When replacing the sway bar I also want to upgrade to poly bushings of course. I also want to add in adjustable camber and caster.

Here is the question: Who makes a decent swaybar or are they all about the same quality just buy from whoever sells the cheapest? I know you get what you pay for, so I would like other peoples input on this, I'm not willing to pay $500 for a gold plated swaybar but want something decent, I already have topline struts and springs and a strut tower brace. I have KYB gas adjusts in the rear, and will be putting 17*7 wheels on soon. I want to be able to get the alignment dialed in properly. My struts are the wierd three bolt type.

Suggestions would be nice,links would be awesome. Some sites aren't clear on what goes where. I may not need adjustable castor but I've read this can make a big difference in handleing without much increase in effort.

My car is not a track only car, it is mainly driven on the street, hard. I drive it to and from work, all over. It has a front Kamei spoiler and a herrod helper, possibly soon a duckbill for the decklid...
Everyone told me its not a good idea to daily drive an aircooled bug. I agree, if the engine has a distributor and you use cheap engine parts... OR you have an early car without the decklid vents or you neglect to add an oil cooler with fan...