GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old June 18th 2020, 00:47

Killer F/R Suspension Package coming up for sale

Hey guys,
I've decided to go a different direction with my build but have spent many years building an awesome street suspension setup. Featuring an airkewld adjustable front beam with adjustable coil-overs and the rear setup converted entirely to Porsche 944T wide stance rear-arms w/ brembos at all 4 corners (I am NOT selling front spindles or F/R calipers or Rotors). All parts are currently on 1969 TYPE1. This is the ultimate/most complete bolt-on set up for anyone looking for a performance-oriented street/track toy or 'german look' build (just add front spindles / rear outer hubs and Porsche calipers/rotors all around)

What I am selling:
FRONT END - bolt-on, just add spindles/calipers/rotors and go:
New front beam (airkewled-stock width) converted to Red9Design Adjustable Coil-Over Eazy-Rider 2"- 4" drop (torsions removed, roller bar update)
W/ New Steering Box w/ all parts and quick-steer bolt-on mod
W/ Caster Shims (2 sets & longer bolts)
W/ Adjustable Coil-Overs installed with new bushings
WO/Spindles

REAR END:
1986 Porsche 944T Wide Aluminum Arms (rebuilt with new Ebrake shoes and VDUB engineering Swan Adapters for Ebrake on VW, Red Poly Bushings - possibly keeping the wide hubs.)
Bespoke CNC Uniball conversion L/R from Alex here on the forum< https://germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11413
1986 Porsche 944T Sway bar setup
W/ Adjustable Coil-overs and Adapter parts for direct install into IRS Chassis w/ Alu Arms.

This entire kit is bolt-in (currently on my pan)
It has less than 10 miles on the entire setup (mostly just rolling the car around over the years and some weather wear on the hardware because seattle.) The aluminum Arms have been used for an unknown number of miles but they've been rebuilt and are ready to roll. You'll have to do fabrication to use the Swaybar (welding on mounts) if you want to use the 944 swaybar option.

https://red9design.co.uk/type1.htm < more information about the Adjustable Coil-Over setup for front and rear suspension.
https://germanlook.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11413 < More information about the Uni-Ball setup

It's over $3K worth of gear to build your own (not including all the international shipping costs)
I'm looking for --- redacted because this isn't right place to sell parts ---obo for the whole setup (picked up in seattle wa)
Shipping is a tricky thing due to size/weight of the parts but can be worked out at the buy it now of --- redacted---+shipping / handling costs

I'd rather sell complete all at once but if I have no takers I might consider breaking the setup apart -
Straight up seller wanting to get this kit on someone else's ride!

I'll be sharing more of my build in coming weeks/months but wanted to share this out to answer questions / start the conversation with any interested parties.
Old June 23rd 2020, 01:49

Check your PM's as I'm regularly in Renton for work and have been looking for this kind of setup.

Last edited by DORIGTT; June 23rd 2020 at 01:56.
Old June 24th 2020, 03:28

replied - happy to continue chatting and pics are incoming.
Old June 24th 2020, 10:34

Thanks.

This may be what the doctor ordered! Plus you're only 3-4 hrs away!
Old June 24th 2020, 16:26

Heck yeah - Just sent you a pile of photos.