GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old July 9th 2006, 15:39

hope you like em?
Old July 19th 2006, 06:04

Awsome

Amazing beasty !mate it will be insane ,greate work you should work for monster garage! Its greate to see the way you have just ripped into it and got it sorted verry impressed obviously with a lot of thought put into it also , U R leading the way as far as unique bugs go JS
Old July 19th 2006, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboL
Amazing beasty !mate it will be insane ,greate work you should work for monster garage! Its greate to see the way you have just ripped into it and got it sorted verry impressed obviously with a lot of thought put into it also , U R leading the way as far as unique bugs go JS
thanks for the info matey just a homemade joby really (and no i never measured ought just cut the back out and thought id fit it)just self tort ,as i carnt afford all these lazer cut parts,bushers etc i live in scrap yards,ebay,and just use simple things like burning tackle,grinder,welder,stick welder ,really 4 months work and dosent stand me at mutch ,in the next 2months it should be ready 4 its first test run?ant a clue what may happern lol,
engine spec is rica 304 remap
t19 turbo
5spd manual gearbox
bailey dump valve
std 16inch volvo alloys
engine was dyno tested at 165mph in the t5 volvo the engine came from
gives u some idea matey what this maybe like ,,but in a bug lol must be fun ,but also dangrous too
had some probs e.g car started and poughed thow fench and flatting contre posts lol,i wasnt happy at the time,and parts hit were replaced lucky just pannel damage and beam pics to follow,

Old July 19th 2006, 18:59

Old July 28th 2006, 20:09

I don't know how I managed to miss this thread! This project is way cool. I have a 97 850 T5 wagon and it makes a lot of power stock and it's heavy too! I'm looking forward to more updates. I'm very interested in the shifter setup as I have to tackle that soon with my A4 retro fit.
Old July 30th 2006, 09:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJLOval
I don't know how I managed to miss this thread! This project is way cool. I have a 97 850 T5 wagon and it makes a lot of power stock and it's heavy too! I'm looking forward to more updates. I'm very interested in the shifter setup as I have to tackle that soon with my A4 retro fit.
thanks matey ,only home made back yard crap lol ,just a idea i had , shifter very simple as it runs on cables(2)basicly cut the centre chassi bug tunnel fitted the volvo selector as it is in the volvo and bent the cables backwards down the tunnel up over the gearbox back into the gearbox works a treat 5spd (cheeper then any 5pd bug conversion lol)just make sure when you join the cables they are contected to the right cables (otherwise its confuseing everything works back to front ,but properly in the bug ,as it started it up and it nicely shot off thow the fence (ripping the wings clean off lol
it dose 100mph at 3000rpm lol top speed of 165mph (no ill not be attempting that one lol any details/pics info i mayble able to help just ask?

what dose everyone think of this?

just a querry ive the 2.3 turbo t5 lump with the std 15g turbo (rear wheel drive) no power steering pump/no aircon pump/and decated rear pipe, rica 304 ecu ,dumpvalve and induction airfilter 5spd manual gearbox, and its all fitted into a vw beetle and lighter then a t5 (roughly 500kg)so would this be a 304bhp? or not? havent had time to test drive yet due the brake mods on the bug (poeple say its crazy i think it maybe fun?as the std 225bhp pulled ok and great on moterway ,im thinking it shud pull better then a volvo e.g less weight,but reason i didnt upgrade the turbo was i wanted a quicker spool up (0/100mph) im thinking may get 260/270bhp ???what dose everyone think ,,gives me a better ideas as as im months away of finding out?

s'gotta be kicking close to 300. no aircon, no powersteering sapping power..

Mate had a beetle with a tuned engine putting out 185bhp. THAT lifted the front end in 4th using the throttle only, no clutch jumps!

God help you with 300 and a heavier rear end than my mate had. Have you contacted the local air traffic control for clearance to take off?

lol never carnt wait to see my test run see what happerns
Old July 30th 2006, 19:08

Thanks for the update and the shifter info. I'm going to see if I can find one in a salvage yard. You might try Volvospeed.com for some input as to how much power your going to make. Good luck and I'll say some prayers for God to keep his hand of protection over you when you stick your foot in the throttle!!! I love crazy projects like this!
Old July 31st 2006, 05:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJLOval
Thanks for the update and the shifter info. I'm going to see if I can find one in a salvage yard. You might try Volvospeed.com for some input as to how much power your going to make. Good luck and I'll say some prayers for God to keep his hand of protection over you when you stick your foot in the throttle!!! I love crazy projects like this!
lol cheers shud be starting back on with it next week(more time)ill get some better pics and vids up(cable type linkages are always easyer to modify and work rather then a linkage type?
Old December 2nd 2008, 20:16

been a while id had the car one tested road legal ,what a power house ,i had a few probs here and there so had to do extra modifying ,but got it runing 1.2bar of boost had a few test runs of 13.6 quartermile on std tyres with loads of smokey tyres,, its quicker from 70mph to 155mph then 0,70 lol ,,i ended up makeing another set of wings ,electric side mount intercooler ,high flow cooler too,as pipe work,as well as bigger wider tyres to grip more ,little pic here just wants lights and plates fitting and its away ,but isnt a good idea driving in this in the winter ,,,

you ought to see my net home made project ,,yes it a v dub ,but i thought id make a 4wd caddy ,specs are mk1 golf caddy,ive fitted a rear 2002 mk4 golf 4motion rear axle ,prop,6speed o2m box,and 24v v6 engine and turboed it too ,yes this will be metal to drive ,,all home made its feuled for 540bhp lmao ,here the link
http://www.vwcaddyforum.com/showthread.php?t=23553
Old December 2nd 2008, 20:39

wow!! that is a serious step up form where you were more pics!!
Old December 3rd 2008, 05:44

Coool ride and very weird transplant!!!
Old December 3rd 2008, 21:37

Good to see you back here again!!! Need some pics of the IC, I still havn't worked out a suitable system for my swap. Lots of pics please, the more the better. I'd like to see how the mounting ended up, you were adding supports last time we talked.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old December 4th 2008, 01:43

Awesome project!!

Why are you holding out on us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptorman

Old April 28th 2009, 19:42

Wicked.